How to Manage Difficult Conversations (Webinar)
Difficult conversations — whether you’re telling a client bad news or negotiating a settlement with opposing counsel — are an inevitable part of lawyering. How should you prepare for this kind of discussion? How do you find the right words in the moment? And, how can you manage the exchange skillfully so that it goes as smoothly as possible?
In this 1-hour webinar, learn the skills, practices and tools so that you can have difficult conversations with more ease.
- How to skillful deliver unpleasant news
- The Perils of Failing to Communicate (Ethical obligations)
- Understanding and managing your emotions
- Cultivating compassion in difficult conversations
- Creating space for client’s negative emotional reaction
- Managing your own emotions
- Mindfulness practices to keep you grounded
- Finding space between the stimulus and your reaction
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
9:30 – 10:30 AM PDT/11:30 AM – 12:30 PM CDT/ 12:30 – 1:30 PM EDT
This Webinar has been approved for 1-CLE hour in California.
The Webinar will be recorded and made available for replay.