Would you like to find healthy ways of working with your stress while increasing focus and productivity?
Start 2017 by making mindfulness part of your daily life habit!
Join a community of lawyers and commit to practicing mindfulness and meditation for 30 days.
Over 30 days, you’re invited to pause, reflect and practice being instead of constantly doing.
In this online experiential workshop, we’ll explore how to:
- Develop coping mechanisms for difficult situations such as complex cases, unreasonable clients and hostile opposing counsel
- Explore your goals and values, and find ways to align your life
- Reduce mind wandering – increase focus/ concentration
- Creating a healthy relationship with digital technology
- Break negative habitual behaviors
This workshop is for you if:
- You’d like to form a daily mindfulness and meditation habit with a support of a community
- You’d like to learn the foundation of mindfulness and meditation and incorporate it into your life
- Your life feels unsustainable and you’re ready for a change
- You’re constantly running on fumes
- You’d like to invite more joy into your life
- You’d like to explore and break negative habits
What is Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness means to pay attention and accept each moment as is without preference or judgment. In this 30 day online workshop, we’ll explore the basics of meditation and mindfulness practice, which can provide you with a better way of living and being – one in which you’re aware of your thoughts and responses, as opposed to going through life on autopilot. Consider mindfulness meditation as training for the brain.
Mindfulness meditation can help:
- Decrease adverse physical and psychological symptoms
- Increase your ability to cope with stressful situations
- Increase resiliency and the ability to be responsive instead of reactive
- Increase energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improve your ability to cope with pain and manage negative emotions
- Reduce the impact of stress and anxiety
- Improve concentration and focus
This is an online workshop. There will be two instructional sessions, and three weekly 30-minute “drop in” mindfulness meditation sessions.
This 30-day workshop is designed in bite size format so that you can easily incorporate it into your daily life.
You’ll not only gain a solid foundation for a mindfulness practice, but to make mindfulness and meditation a daily habit. You’re encouraged to attend as many “drop in” sessions as possible. There will be three weekly “drop in” sessions.
30 days of meditation practice. From January 5th — February 4th.
- Setting Your Intentions — We’ll begin our workshop by pausing to reflect back on 2016 and looking forward to 2017. This session will help to clarify the reasons for your meditation practice and carving out space as well as time. (Pre-recorded session)
- January 4, 2017 (Wednesday), 9:00 – 9:30 AM PST Introduction to Mindfulness — In this session, you’ll gain a solid understanding of what mindfulness is and basics of setting up your daily meditation practice.
30-minute “drop in” mindfulness meditation sessions
Format — 20 minutes of guided meditation, 10 minutes of discussions, Q&A. Attend as many sessions as you are able. All sessions will be from 9:00 – 9:30 AM PST.
You’ll have an opportunity to explore various meditation practices.
- Thursday, January 5, 2017 (Week 1: Mindfulness meditation)
- Friday, January 6, 2017
- Saturday, January 7, 2017
- Monday, January 9, 2017 (Week 2: Body scan meditation)
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Thursday, January 12, 2017
- Monday, January 16, 2017 (Week 3: Mantra meditation)
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Sunday, January 22, 2017
- Monday, January 23, 2017 (Week 4: Compassion towards loved one meditation)
- Saturday, January 28, 2017
- Sunday, January 29, 2017
- Monday, January 30, 2017 (Week 5: Compassion towards self meditation)
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017
- Saturday, February 4, 2017
All sessions will be recorded and made available for replay.
$249.00 Includes signed copy of The Anxious Lawyer book.