What would it feel like to wake up every morning excited about your work and your life?
If you have been looking for deeper meaning and more satisfaction but are not sure how to get there, you’re not alone.
Many lawyers go through life doing the things that we think “we are supposed to” in order to be fulfilled, but instead of feeling satisfied, we hear a soft inner voice that says, “I am really unhappy.”
We feel dread instead of inspiration when we think about work; we fantasize about escaping this life but feel stuck when we think about our financial responsibilities and obligations.
Some of us even criticize ourselves for thinking about doing something different. “I’ve worked so hard to get here! I should be grateful,” you tell yourself.
We understand. We were once there too.
What if it were possible to:
- Recover from burnout and feel inspired again
- Find more ease
- Learn the tools to let go of negative self-talk, self-doubt, and fear
- Cultivate a more joyful, satisfying and meaningful law practice…or find your way to a more fulfilling career?
If you are ready to learn new tools to get you to where you want to go and feel supported in the process, A Joyful Life is waiting for you.
Is a Joyful Life For ME?
We created this workshop for lawyers like you who are:
- overwhelmed with workload and looking for balance
- struggling to decide whether to stay or leave the in law
- tired of feeling stuck but aren’t sure how to get unstuck
- navigating a toxic and unhealthy work environment
- feeling trapped because you don’t enjoy practicing law but not sure what else you can do
- wondering “is this is all there is?”
- feeling burned out, anxious, unfocused, and unable to sleep
- recognizing you’re unhappy and are ready to create a more fulfilling life, without the guilt
You have one life — this one.
You owe it to yourself and to the world to live your life with a deep sense of contentment, fulfillment, and meaning.
Cultivating positive change takes awareness and focus.
A Joyful Life offers tried and true practices that we use with clients (and ourselves!) to find more joy in our lives and satisfaction, and meaning in our work.
What will I learn?
- Mindfulness. Learn to use the powerful practice of mindfulness to reduce stress and anxiety and to feel more present in your life.
- Meditation. Learn how to meditate and find the meditation practices that resonate most with you. Relax and find ease when life feels uncertain.
- Self-knowledge. Understand your inner world, and find a life filled with meaning, purpose and joy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Tools. Learn to identify and let go of negative thoughts and self-sabotaging behavior.
- Neuroscience. Try out creative techniques that help you train your brain to work for you. Use the techniques during your workday to feel joy and less stress.
- Emotional Intelligence. Understand how tuning into your emotions even when things feel tough can help.
- Resilience. Learn what grows resilience and how to grow it in your own life.
Theory | Practice | Implementation
Making lasting change requires three components — theory, practice and implementation. In this workshop, you’ll learn the theory behind why these tools work then the practice to incorporate the tools into your practice. Most importantly, we’ll support you so that you can implement these practices into your life to make radical changes.
What is included?
- Monthly 1-hour online workshops (see topics below) that takes you through the steps toward living a more joyful and meaningful life*
- Monthly 1-hour online Q&A coaching sessions*
- Monthly recorded guided meditations to support your transformation and transition
- Monthly journaling and reflection worksheet
- Practices you can use daily at work and at home to bring more joy, satisfaction, and meaning to your life
- Support from a community and connection with like-minded lawyers
- Optional 1-on-1 coaching
*These online sessions will be recorded and made available for replay.
Join the Joyful Life Program today:
- $149 per month
You can cancel at any time. Join us for one month or all six!
What topics will be covered?
Cultivating: how to make successful transitions
Clearing: how to clear the obstacles to joy, meaning, and satisfaction
Self-care and well-being: create habits that support you in regularly restoring your energy
Self-exploration: honing in on bringing your gift to the world
Creativity: Connecting with your natural curiosity and creativity. (This is the key to finding work that you love!)
Finances: Sharpen your pencil and figure out the logistics for making the leap.
What are the dates for the webinar?
September 12*, 18 (Please note the date change.)
October 22, 30
November 6, 13
December 5, 12
(2019 dates will be announced later.)
All workshops are 1-hour in length.
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM PDT
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
Join anytime! New “stand alone” theme every month.
Your Joyful Life Program guides: Jeena Cho and Laura Mahr
We are joining forces to bring you cutting edge tools and practices to create more joy, satisfaction, and meaning in life. We share a passion for teaching mindfulness and coaching lawyers through professional and personal transitions. Each of us has forged our own path from lawyer to mindfulness coach and trainer. We learned many things the hard way; it is our intent in this Program to share the gems from our successes and to break down the techniques we use with our clients to help them find theirs.
Nope! You can sign-up and cancel at any time. You can join us for as you’d like.
Yes! Whether you want to switch jobs (but stay in law) or leave law completely, the tools you’ll learn in this course will help you to navigate transition with more ease.
You can ask any specific questions about leaving law and your specific circumstances during the monthly Q&A sessions.
Yes! You’ll be able to download all the tools each month.
Just be sure to download any content you’d like for future reference before you cancel if you do not stay for the entire 6-months.
For attendees that complete all 6-months, you’ll have access to the program for a additional 6-months through the Teachable platform.
Yes! We welcome professionals from all walks of life in the program. The tools in this program will be useful for lawyers as well as non-lawyers.
Just keep in mind that majority of your classmates will be lawyers though.
I teach lawyers to harness the power of mindfulness to decrease stress and anxiety while increasing focus and concentration. My passion in life is to help lawyers find more joy and satisfaction in both their personal life and professional career.
I started my legal career as an assistant state attorney in 2004, handling domestic violence cases, and I have been practicing bankruptcy law at JC Law Group PC since 2009.
I’m the co-author of The Anxious Lawyer, the first book published by the American Bar Association on mindfulness and meditation. Today I speak, coach, and provide training to law firms on how lawyers can use mindfulness to boost productivity while enjoying a happier and more fulfilling life.
I believe lawyers can love their lives and love the practice of law. I founded Conscious Legal Minds to help lawyers bounce back from burnout and to make meaningful life transitions.
I teach my clients cutting edge tools using neuroscience, mindfulness, meditation, and yoga. I help lawyers and law firms grow resilience and efficacy by instilling a culture of well-being and work-life balance in their legal practices.
My work is informed by 11 years of practice as a civil sexual assault attorney, and a deep sense of compassion for the struggles lawyers face. You can find out more about my work at consciouslegalminds.com.